Originally Posted by Anonymous
You need depth to win. Can't be a top program and just get through seasons running 4 middies into the ground and count on 2 LSMs, 1 quality FOGO, 1 quality goalie, 4 poles and 4 guys on attack. Injuries, kids dropping a non revenue sport to be a normal college kid / have a better social life / major in something hard like engineering where there are labs, etc. Then you have the laws of 1/2 the can't miss guys miss. The IAC, the WCAC, being a Crab or Madlax or whatever...those are kiddie pools compared to high level D1 sports. I get it that 6-7 kids get a fractional scholarship and then the last 4-6 get no money. I do think the mentality of, well if I can just find 4 kids who can play in every class that makes 16. A roster with 25-30 busts / practice players (assuming they don't quit) doesn't cut it. ER is a disaster. Getting 1 star a year means nothing if the talent and depth around the stars can't play. Look at UVA. They seem to get the unquestioned #1, 2 or 3 kid in each class and they sucked. 25+ kids on their team couldn't start at Tufts or Limestone. Doesn't cut it.

You can not talk about any team playing college lacrosse last year or before when we are talking about ER in general. All the kids who I would call a ER are still in high school. You can not have a opinion about ERs tell they hit college and graduate college. So I would say you can not call ER bad for another 6 years. Then we can say ER is bad and did not work.