Originally Posted by Madlax Dad
The only question I have for everyone is how do you react when someone steals $650 or a lot more from you?
Madlax Dad, thank you for joining the discussion.

Now, before we start, we will let you know that we strongly disagree with your view - but that is fine. We welcome the different views, so let's begin.

Define steal. Giving or awarding a player a "scholarship", most likely because the kid is a "player", is a decision made to attract the player to remain with the club or to cover family financial shortfalls.

and lies to you, how would you react?
If you ask me, it would seem that the "club director" did not "know" his players and their families as well as he/she thinks.

Also this person who lied to your face and stole $650 or more from you, you helped them get there child into a school that turns down 100's of kids and cost 35k a year?
Please stop. The child - an eighth grader - is not getting $35,000 in scholarship money and we still disagree with the steal assertion. At some point, being a coach is about HELPING the player achieve his or her goals, not attaining your own goals as an adult.

I just think all of you would just be smart and not email this parent with your thoughts! But I am sure you all would feel the way he felt.
As a youth coach for more than a decade, there is nothing - and I mean nothing - that would cause me to write or address a youngster as this e-mail chain indicated.

As for him as a person he knows every kid by first and last name from U9 to 2014 teams, He can name each kids streghts and weaknesses.
Naming the kids and knowing the kids are different skill sets.

Every kid that comes threw his teams gets better.
Glad to know that the kids who come through the program improve, but development of a student-athlete extends beyond lacrosse skills.

If you are the type of parent that kisses your kids butts and tell them they are always right and prefect Madlax is not for you.
This is not about parents coddling their children. This is exclusively about an out-of-control coach that should have known better.

As for the Rock program I have no idea if they are good or bad.
"Sleep with dogs, wake up with fleas."