Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hello Madlax Parents,
How do you feel about the one large list of players and no rosters yet for the top and bottom team for each group?
I think its a great idea for the younger ages because your son can prove his skill in the next month to earn a spot on the top team. But for the high school team it will be harder because the top players will miss most of these workouts I would guess. I am not bashing this process but Madlax is the only DMV club doing this method of team structure just wanted to poll the other Madlax parents.

P.S. all the Madlax haters please feel free to give your 2 cents but at least say if you are a true Madlax parent or not.

It sounds great, but it's really just a smoke screen. All the kids in a grade practice together which is fine. But except for 1-2 kids on the Capital bubble, these guys know exactly who is on Capital and who is on DMV. But by not saying who is who until the tournaments start, it gives false hope to the DMV kids whose parents don't want to hear they are on the B team. My son has always been on Capital and everyone knows who is who. It fools mostly the new people to the club and those with blinders on who are clinging to false hope.

There is a reason why they do it this way. It attracts more people who are hoping/expect to be Capital when their kid is not good enough even though they are already locked in for the DMV team. I feel sorry for them because the DMV teams are pretty bad.