Originally Posted by Anonymous
One interesting fact is that there were players that showed up on multiple rosters with different placements - Madlax, VLC and Crabs. I think people took placements in order Crabs, VLC and Madlax. It will be interesting to see how the Madlax restructure develops.

I noticed that the Capital tournaments are not published as the Orange tournaments were in the past. I guess he has to evaluate what the level of talent is.

I noticed that too. They have very good 2018 and 2019 teams, but the 2020 and 2021 teams have taken a step backwards. Other clubs have gotten stronger and now Blackwolf is in this market.

Their MD and VA teams look very weak. In the past, half of each roster would be cut and they would have one Blue team. Now they are not making those cuts and are putting two weaker Blue teams on the field. We'll see what the kids on those teams think about the new structure.

Well this might be the case at 2020 and lower but the 2018 and 2019 VA Teams are as strong as ever. I think there will be growing pains for this new way of doing it for sure. But just like the Team 91 team that is new in Maryland it takes time to get new teams off the ground. But the format is out there A and B clubs with AA names on them do better then clubs that there top team plays A or B level only. People like the hope of getting moved up to a better team. They like to be part of the best teams. People like winning as a general rule.

Madlax's phantom "AAA, AA, A" is a smokescreen and nobody buys it. As for playing for a "B" team (or whatever you want to call it at the moment), nobody likes that experience. It is rare for any club to have a B team that is a good experience for a kid. We have a friend whose kids stuck with Madlax Blue for years before finally making it when enough Orange kids left. They regret it now because he missed all those years of getting recruiting attention. Everyone knows this is about creating two B teams with a 20-25 kids who normally would have been cut. Money.

The 2018 team has some excellent players, but they've lost 5-6 starters in the past 2 years.