Originally Posted by Anonymous
You parents are being weird. It would be bizarre if NoVa couldn't field two solid hotbed "A" teams at that age. That's a compliment. Y'all talk like A clubs are B clubs. No. I'd say AA teams are top 10-15 in country. I'd say a AA player is one with superlative skills or athleticism who has great skills and can beat an "A" defender almost every time or a defender who never gets beat and can wreak havoc on even a solid "A" attack or a player who runs by everyone and dominates between the lines. If your son plays offense and within 10 minutes you don't hear the other side's coach yelling for the defender to white him out or moving his best longstick to cover him, I don't know that I'd worry about missing out on a AA team quite yet.

Thank you! You made my point for me. I see 1 or 2 kids just like you described playing for all the clubs not called VLC or Madlax. And this is a shame. Those 1 or 2 kids are missing out playing at the highest level and the kids on the bottom of the VLC and Madlax rosters think they are better players then they are. I am just pushing for a real gauge of the best to worst NOVA clubs and begging people to put their kids where their skills deserve to be. I am also asking for the public high school coaches to push the best players to the top clubs not the clubs run by their friends. We all want the NOVA lacrosse seen to be better and this is the formula to make it happen. If AA kids play AA and A kids play A and B kids play B they all get pushed and get better. My dream is one day a club owner of a low A or B club goes to the parent of a stud player and say you should go play for VLC or Madax he is to good for us. I would respect that man above all others.