I just read the Deadspin article, and my take on it as someone not close to it is the parents lacked class and common decency. The tone escalated when the Madlax guy didn't get repeated messages returned and the team was having practices for the summer season that was close to arriving. It starts as more like are you ok, then please make practice it is important for you to manage your schedule with school and sports and then nothing. Then the parents chime in later after they bolted their kid over to a rival team right before the season starts, but were too busy with work, etc. to return a call or email. That is nonsense. It sounds like they had some time to manage the exit logistics and enroll the kid in another club. The kid could have been taught some manners to write a letter or email to the coach thanking him for the past support, scholarship, coaching and say he had decided to move on to another club. My kid can play for whatever team he wants me to pay for, but he is always going to thank a coach at the end of a season and would also notice a coach if he was planning to stop playing the sport or wanted to leave the organization. Common decency demands that. I see a lot of very entitled parents and kids walking about in this sport, so these parents are likely just more typical than awful. But there is no excuse for how badly they managed this. The club coach should not be hearing via rumors or from the kids' friends second hand that he bailed for another team. This does not excuse how he articulated it, but I do see why he went from being a positive referral to college coaches to a negative reference. Frankly, I'm shocked a high profile college coach recruited a kid from this family after reading and knowing this. That is pretty negative for me to add, but I am a bit non plussed by this article just being seen as a bad guy on the club lacrosse side. The parents here were culpable.