Originally Posted by Madlax Dad
The only question I have for everyone is how do you react when someone steals $650 or a lot more from you? And when that same person looks you in the eyes several times and lies to you, how would you react? Also this person who lied to your face and stole $650 or more from you, you helped them get there child into a school that turns down 100's of kids and cost 35k a year? I just think all of you would just be smart and not email this parent with your thoughts! But I am sure you all would feel the way he felt. As for him as a person he knows every kid by first and last name from U9 to 2014 teams, He can name each kids streghts and weaknesses. Every kid that comes threw his teams gets better. If you are the type of parent that kisses your kids butts and tell them they are always right and prefect Madlax is not for you. As for the Rock program I have no idea if they are good or bad.

I was hoping you were a parody poster, but clearly you are a Madlax dad. Refuting your points will be like shooting fish in a barrel.

1. Without knowing the exact amount, this family did not STEAL money from the owner. They asked and were granted financial aid, which every club gives. Nobody put a gun to Cabell's head. He chose to give them support, at least partly because the kid can play and help his teams win. Be it a youth club or a school, financial aid is a GIFT that an organization grants because they deem it worthwhile. If someone attends Notre Dame, receives a scholarship, and then transfers, did that family STEAL from the school? Of course not. These kids are not indentured servants. If he left (after the season was over, mind you), that is his right. Most normal human beings would wish them well, perhaps invite them back if they don't find things better elsewhere, etc. That is called being an adult.

2. The kid did not need Cabell's help getting into Landon. Are you kidding me? Landon is going to take a kid who can play regardless of what Maddux would say. Not sure which is funnier - Cabell's assertion that he is responsible for the kid attending Landon, or that you believe it.

3. I would not have handled the situation similarly because I am an adult. If a kid wants to leave, wish him well and don't burn bridges. Everyone is allowed to act in what they think is in their son's best interests.

4. Madlax is a better program now because of VLC. Before VLC was started, Madlax took the DC market for granted. You clearly were not part of the program back then. The teams rarely practiced and the coaching was sporadic. Madlax was forced to improve its offering because their program was gutted by tons of kids leaving for VLC. To your point, the owner often neglected several teams and only focused on the most succesful ones. He made things better because of the competition, although now you have to pay a ridiculous monthly fee which costs you more in the long run and keeps people hostage.