Originally Posted by Anonymous
I wonder how many of the best face off players were wrestlers? You ask any college lacrosse coach, or go to any recruiting seminar, like the one at 3D blue chip, they are looking for multiple player athletes, but no matter what I say you will say I am wrong and clueless, so keep having your boy train just for lax, I am sure you know more then everyone else, BTW google Fowler, great HS wrestler.

First of all, 3d also tells kids to repeat grades, so you might want to find a better reference than them. Second, I can name plenty of lax only guys who are also top players. I say the multi sport athletes are playing other sports because they want to, not because it makes them any better at lacrosse. If they like playing those other sports they should continue. To infer that those other sports will make them better at lacrosse is baseless. No study out there to back that notion up. It's nothing but a school of thought. How many inner city basketball D-1 recruits are playing other sports? Is coach Cal looking for multi-sport athletes? Doubtful. Those recruits are playing basketball all the time! How many top HS D1 recruits for Soccer, Swimming, Golf, Tennis and other sports are being recruited because they are multi-sport athletes? Not many I'm sure. But according to you, in order to play lacrosse you have to play football.
Here's something that will blow your mind. I know of two recruits, for top ACC schools. Both College coaches have told the recruits to STOP playing football. As in, DONT play anymore!!! So you keep pushing your kid out there in the fall, because YOU know better.