After reading these boards and witnessing some real crap at games by coaches and parents is there any sportsmanship in Lacrosse? My youngest of three plays both Varsity and JV as a freshman he seems to be caught in the middle the best on JV but only a few runs each game when he plays varsity. He played JV the other day because varsity was cancelled and I am not sure wht was more deplorable a coach up 10 nothing in the fourth whose team goes man up for a 2 min unreleasable with 6 minutes left then scores three more goals only to follow this up by going man up with 57 seconds then proceeding to score again making it 15-0. Really are you kidding me? Then the parents going crzy after each score as the players celebrate as if they just won the NCAA title. This doesnt happen in most other sports because of retribution. MY oldest plays JR hockey and try this crap you find a body on the ice, my middle pitches for a baseball HS and excessive celebration means taking on too the ribs. Lacrosse does not have the ability to police itself in game I guess. I have seen this behavior in lacrosse more often than the other sports but that last game really took the top prize for being poor sports. You may say its sour grapes but it isnt that team was good and our team is not. the deserved to win but nobody deserves to get embarrassed.

Than on another point, it is entirely possible to play with kids who you are better than and look average too bad. When players stand around , cant catch a pass, throw a pass, run a simple give and go it is tough for any good player to excel at any team sport.

Just venting as it was all I could do not to confront some jerk of a father screaming and yelling at the ref at the players then going crazy each goal was scored up ten.