Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why is the common response always "jealous" if you do not agree with early recruitment? To think any 2017 is a lock to see the field when he enters college is a ridiculous statement. In three years before he gets there as a college freshman much can happen including recruiting a better player. Do you think colleges stopped looking because they have a commitment to players. They are always looking for better. Good for any student athlete who gets an early commit. But, colleges are recruiting too early. This should be regulated by the NCAA. This early recruiting will hurt colleges down the road and in ten years the programs will see the effect.

Any 2017 mapping out his future who is determined and motivated I see great for him! Too many high school students lack that direction and purpose for success. What starts now will continue throughout life in all areas.

Lacrosse has always been fortunate to have the cream of the crop of student/athlete. Many times these players have their priorities straight and do see their future better than some others by freshman year. As I am sure they would if they didn't play lacrosse. and yes, there are those student athletes who are not as studious and there are good schools for them to attend (that aren't the best academically but still very good) and why is that great some because you don't want to overwhelm any student in college either.

The fit for a student is the most important thing. So for those committing early I am sure the folks are being realistic.

With the sport seeing dramatic increases across the country, the student/athlete will still be the jewel for the college coaches. Be it in Frosh or Soph year. But for those of us watching at home - don't forget that Denver player who went to 205 after he graduated HS and took the chance Denver gave him (Denver was a relative no name at the time - they went on the map after they came to LI and Beat Duke at Bethpage).

Just remember there is always a Denver Marquette as well as a Williams or Tufts. Don't forget Ohio and Michigan.

Good luck to all of you. and don't forget we are all from LI. So cheer on those boys on TV!!!!!