Originally Posted by Anonymous
ADD a true 14 yr old 2017 from Long Island to an ancient eight school. Details to follow when permitted. :-D
Don't know if realted to the above as "ancient eight" typically refers to the Ivy League. Just saw a LI Express 2017 LSM committed to Bucknell. Ty Zanders and Casey Vock from Inside Lacrosse tweeted the commitment. Congrats to the kid, great kid, great player. If Bucknell is taking kids this early, things are really moving up in terms of timeframe. They have typically not been considered an "early recruting" school nor have the other Patriot League schools.

Is the school asking the kid to commit or vice versa? I pose that question to any 2017 commit.

this is ALL the parents doings.

Ths Schools are asking the kids to commit. It is a great deal for the kids in my view and the parents are absolutely right to take the schools up on it. Also the 2017 kids that are being offered are superb players and the schools are smart for picking them up. Why wouldn't Bucknell want a LSM with speed and stick skills? They picked up another solid one in the 2016 class earlier in the year. They know what they are doing.

Right. What they are doing is casting a wide net. What they are not doing is reaching the Championship spot. If you have the pocketbook for a great academic school like this then run with it. If your kid no longer plays the sport while attending, hopefully they are still attracted to the pursued degree otherwise its a 240K write off.

Stop with the left handed compliments. If your son had the same opportunity you'd be all over it. Further, life is about risks. You never experience anything if you don't lay it on the line sometimes. I would rather my son take a shot with one of these opportunities than to spend a lifetime thinking I could have, should have. What's the down side? If doesn't work out you move on and go down the next road. Most schools take transfer credits. How many kids who aren't even athletes go to a school, hate it for whatever reason and transfer? Happens all the time. I can think of certain current All American who took a shot a one school and it didn't workout, moved on and is having a stellar lax career, and getting a fine education at another school. Things can and do workout.