Cut the "...you people don't get it.." bit. They do. Yes the players who have potential are entering college as older Freshman, College coaches like it, why wouldn't they, the players come in older stronger faster smarter.

I have a 7th grader, if I held him back a year in 3rd then he would currently be in 6th. He would for sure be playing 91 crush (the best 2020 team in the country - the only part not sarcasm) and be getting noticed @ close to 5'7 150 (bigger than some HS freshman). I'd also probably joke with him and let him drive into the parking-lots of the tournaments so people could talk (because that is us). and you know Id probably also complain if he didn't get pulled up to play JV or varsity.

But back to the PG/held-back conversation, it is the reality and many are doing it. Quite honestly I would not be surprised if I explored the option for 8th or 9th grade. But I would not only being do it for athletic reasons but academics.

Now can someone lay out how you did it? How does it work if you want to first go to STM LUHI STJ Friends STA then Chaminade (or visa versa)

If someone would outline that then I would think this site is helpful.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats to him. awesome player. Well desrved.

Great player...but a true 15 going on 16 yrs old.

Had to happen as predicted.

Congrats to him, very good player. But what about all the whinning from LI Express parents about playing against older kids. A 2017 who is almost 16? Please.

You need to get over the fact that for many different reasons kids repeat a year. And in the case of 2017's many of those that are referred to as being "old" doesn't necessarily mean they are almost turning 16! In fact, many started high school as 14 and still are 14 and have until Nov 30 to turn 15 to be technically considered repeaters in the state of NY. But besides that, do yourself a favor and check out some top top lax schools and the ages of their freshman - you can find them in their bios. Yea, yea, I know, not fair. But seriously, stop the whining. It's getting old.

Don't you people get it? Colleges don't care how old the kid is. It goes strictly by graduating year, yes it puts some kids who are the traditional age for their grade a disadvantage. But the older kids are NOT breaking any rules. It was their parents choice for whatever reason, you could have done it too, so stop crying and man up. The prep school model has it all well planned and executed, thats why roughly 80%+ of top 20 D1 rosters are made up of prep school kids! Most "regular" kids have many more obstacles to over come than most of us first timers ever thought.