The whole early commit thing is blown out of proportion. I can understand if a 2017 commits to a top 10 school, like west point, duke or UVA, but 3 years is a long time to wait to go to a college, the coaching staff could change, the student’s goals for an education could change. I believe the best time to commit would be the summer before there junior year. Ask a 2017 student what they want to pursue as a degree in college, I bet most of them have no idea. As far as the top tier 2017 are all committed and only the leftovers are attending the showcase, you may friend are clueless, keep telling yourself that. I know of three cases where a walk on took a spot from a recruited player. The end result of everything we do for our kids is to get them into a great school, get a great education and possibility of playing lacrosse at a high level, not brag that they “verbally committed at the age of 14/15 years old”. When the time comes when they do commit I would be more excited if it’s to a school that has a major that they would want , and not just a great lacrosse college.