Originally Posted by Anonymous
College coaches may not care who wins LI Laxfest, but you can be sure they do not care who wins the state championship either. The top colleges have the 2016 class nearly classes nearly full and are working actively on 2017s. All this is before most boys have even stepped on the field for a JV game. Club lax, individual showcases and who you are connected to (before HS) are all way more important than HS lacrosse when it comes to recruiting.

Regarding the friendships point, you are 100% accurate.

This is all fun to talk about but none of this matters anymore except to the pathetic dads living vicariously through their children! Its all about high school ball now from this moment forward. You cant win a state championship playing for True Blue or 91. College coaches dont care about who wins the LI Lax fest.Club lax is great if you have a good coach and your director has college contacts, but for most kids high school lax is where they will shine and get recruited to the school they want. High school lax is where they will make friendships and bonds that will last the rest of their lives. So sit back, relax and enjoy the ride and stop worrying about which 14 yr old lacrosse team is better.
My friend, you make a couple of decent points, mostly a nice warm closing statement. However, the opposite is true regarding college coaches watching the lax fest results. I make my living in the athletics department at a NY college. This depends upon the actual high school referred to. The blanket statement is just too vague and inaccurate. Sorry.

Must disagree! I know several D1 lax coaches personally, they look for talent and teamwork, they could care less who wins. They tell me it's about finding a kid who fits into their program. They are not recruiting the whole team! In fact, it is rare that you see more than two kids from a program going to the same school. I'm sorry too