I am not a turtle parent. Do you get it at all? The team which you bash is made up of some of the best kids in the sport, all from nearby. They have a record which is second to none. It is true that these teams which are being put together, boast some fine players, a year or MORE older, from several states AT LEAST. There is no shame in dropping some games. These showcases are utilized to do just that, "showcase" the individual. There is simply some AWESOME ball being played these days. I only wish that more folks could sit back, watch, and enjoy more of it. It MAY influence what your child can take from the experience, rather than an education in how to be a bitter slouch. I also believe that the post grad method of stacking up a team will affect any silly 'standings" which have been so brilliantly debated on these threads. No shame here. Let these clubs select only the very best from several states. Even some of local, large named clubs are starting to follow, with ever changing rosters, kids flip flopping teams to suit the outcome. I believe that it is dishonest, but who determines this? The fact is that Long Island teams will not win easily anymore at these events. In closing, the team which some bash so quickly has lost a couple of key players. So be it. They are not weak, and have become a little more human. Long Island would have to take a few best from each top team, and a few from surrounding states, and then enter them in a year younger division. This is what is currently taking place. I think that losing a game by a goal or two, or even winning 3 of 4, or 2 of 4 against these teams is pretty decent. Don't hate.