First off, Crabfeast is still a wonderful if not one of the elite best tournaments and the undisputed best 2017 team of them all won it. That said, two things I heard and was thinking myself and led me to wonder if Crabfeast is already declining and will further decline. First let's face it, there were 3-4 great teams there and another 10 good teams there and then 25 glorified rec teams there. Why no WCS, no Denver Elite, no FCA National and no 3d National or better regional teams? Another point is Ryan McLernan really needs to temper the home cooking a bit before people stop coming. His club is in a bracket with Bulldog, Booth and True. Cupcake city. At least 4 other brackets had two strong teams in them. It is arbitrary what good teams to put together in the brackets, so give him a hall pass there but then on the second day the brackets were pretty horrible. Edge, Dukes, Patriot and Turtles on one side and Crabs get to feast on Thunder and Sweetlax to the final. That is a joke.

Yes, a lot of coaches were there. But much fewer than in prior years. Yes, great teams there and the best team nationally won. But some great teams - not good teams great teams - not coming anymore. Yes, good teams after the great teams. But not as many of those as in prior years. And there were at least 20 crappy teams there that frankly should have been at some Trilogy or whatever event. Our team was one of the good - not great - teams in the consolation round. It was a real bummer to play some bracket and next day games against teams that can't catch or throw with both hands or play what looks like lacrosse as rising 10th graders. Our team could have earned better looks by beating the one other team in our bracket, but since we did not we played games so horrid looking no college coach could stand to watch. The coaches were actually reading their smartphones most of the time we played against crappy teams Saturday and Sunday and I don't blame them.

Thoughts anyone?