Ill end this argument by disagreeing with you once again and I will reiterate that this reclassifying and holding back is VERY prevalent and the Under Armour team was just one example of it. I happen to have a late November 1999 son and he plays pole for a decent club team. The fact of the matter is had he tried out for Under Armour he would have no shot against kids that are 1 1/2 to 2 years older than him. The size, speed and physical maturity difference is quite drastic at this age as you know. It all evens out in 11th and 12th grade for the most part, but with the early recruiting that is going he is most definitely at a extreme disadvantage. I too teach my son to work hard, keep a positive attitude and persevere, however I also teach him not to stand by when there is unfairness or injustice and to speak up for yourself and what's right. Nothing will change unless people change it. Like a previous poster said, play with your age group, I don't think that's too much to ask. [/quote]

Why not just have open field teams in club tournaments once they are done with 8th grade? All these kids are in high school and here we are believing they need to be recruited as 9th or 10th graders. When they get to college as freshman they have to compete with upperclassmen, and are playing on HS teams now with upperclassmen. The reclassified game has made it so that kids years apart anyways despite the 2017 label.