Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats. What player and school?

Thanks! Over the years with three boys involved in Lax, I admit to becoming a little obsessed. I like to know what people are saying,stay up to date on commitments and lax news, and occasionally comment. Although my one son is committed, my other two are up and coming in the next few years. This holdback thing is something that has gotten out of control and might hurt my other kids chances of being recruited. After my son was recruited, and I started to look at D1 rosters of top schools, it became very clear what was going on. That is why I advocate for fairness. I would tell you who my committed son is, but then everyone would know who I was, and I prefer to remain anonymous.

Anonymous? There are only 3 or 4 known 2017 commits and none of them are true freshmen. Try again.............

Not directly related to above post. With the 2017 commit announced today, I believe there are now 7 known public commits that have been announced so far. Michigan - Brian Townsend/Blackwolf (M), UNC - Ara Atayan/LI Express (M), Colin Munro/3D (A), Joe Carrington/3D (D), UVA - Griffin Harris/3D (A), John Fox/Brunswick School (M), Air Force - Christian Marshall/West Coast Starz (M). Does anyone know of anyone else. Also, with a little googling, many of these kids are a year older. Lastly, 3D is cleaning up. Have nothing to do with 3D, but find it interesting.
Also forgot Jordan Young, the D-pole from Dukes who committed to Marland. So I believe 8 kids in 2017 have officially committed so far.
Add Cole Williard (A) - Penn State. He and John Fox, Virgina commit are 2016s who are going to do PGs years, and I know several of the 3D kids are 16-year olds.