Originally Posted by Anonymous
LOL. "Cheaters". You guys in LI sure have an inferiority complex.

The poster is correct! Truth hurts, and YES Im a proud Long Islander. Face it, YOU HELD BACK YOUR KID TO GIVE HIM AN EDGE., because he couldn't STAND OUT in the 2016. Simple.

Wrong. Get a life. When my son's team beats you guys again, I'll be laughing on the sidelines.

I think these 2017 players are at a point that "team wins" mean NOTHING. If your still banging your chest about that than its obvious your son isn't truly getting recruited at the momnent.
Serious question - being recruited, what does it mean? My son has had contact from many schools and been invited to 10+ prospect days, most at schools he is interested in. Coaches have watched his video and viewed his profile, then invited him to their prospect days. But no coach has said we want you to commit. He went to Jake Reed last year and is going again this year + attending Maverick Showcase. His focus is on Ivys and Patriot League schools, who typically want to see some grades first. Are other kids in this situation being asked to commit already at these type schools? Find the whole process confusing and if you let it you could be doing some event every weekend.

Entirely true...we had to draw the line finally. The offers from the right schools are on the table. The choice for this true 14 yo 2107 is made. Announcement coming. Actually still trying to wrap my brain around the entire concept.

You go just 3 yrs back in time and these kids are playing PAL and goofing off and just having fun and we are all sitting on the sidelines waiting to hit the coolers in the trunk.

Now fast forward to the present: sitting in front of the desk of several D1 coaches listening to them praise the kid and tell him what opportunities this particular school will offer. Looking to my right and seeing a 14 yo conversing about college, course load, grad school opportunities and graduation rates.

Then digressing back to when I was 14 and just thinking about the girl in math class and how can I get her to notice me. Flashing forward again and seeing this mature life altering conversation go on between coaches and my son.

And then thinking back on the cooler in the trunk. How simple it was just 3 years ago.

I wouldn't change a thing. These kids earned it with the sweat off of their backs and multiple sacrifices along the way.