If a player in the 2017 class has garnered enough attention from high level D1 coaches via his current LAX skill sets to even be considered for a commit at this point; what is the problem with that?

Most of these kids are way above the curve academically and from what I've witnessed speaking to many of these elite level players; is that they consistently conduct themselves at a much higher maturity level both socially and academically than your basic 14 year old, and as such, have valuable opinions about why they are willing to commit and why they are picking certain schools at this point in their life.

Perhaps this is unfathomable to parents of kids who are not performing at these levels; yet that should not be a basis for criticism towards those who are and will likely continue to remain. We all want what is best for our children in our opinions.

It is up to the individual player; his parents and the interested coaches to come to a common conclusion as to committing at this age or not.

It is not to be decided by public committee and opinion.

If your 2017 kid is fortunate enough to be considered to be committed at this time, then congrats to him for a fine job thus far. I wish them all continued success, as I do my own son, who is also a member of this small group of very special players.