http://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...f-lacrosse-s-hotbeds-and-geography/28964

Keeping in mind this is a current list of D1 players and not a percentage of kids currently in high school 2015 to 2017, look at the data. Baltimore and other Maryland declining. Right now, as many kids from California in D1 lacrosse as from Baltimore. Yes, I know California is a big place but now the data is already showing a shift that will never reverse. Non historical hotbeds have a share of the pie that is material and growing. I tip my cap to LI for having a high percentage that increased nominally in this snapshot, very impressive considering the growth of the game elsewhere.

Considering Maryland is repeat a grade territory more than anywhere else, maybe this data is also telling us that being a 16 year old freshman or 17 year old sophomore older and bigger than other 2017s is not the key to making D1 once it is all settled. Yes, I also know that kids repeat grades elsewhere like Philly but I cannot comprehend it being worse than here in Maryland. My son's 2017 team has only 4 legit aged freshman, my son included as one of them. It is repugnant, but the only thing that halts the crazy stuff is if the repeat kids wind up with same or worse results.