Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another kid just commited. This time a middie from FCA and Calvert Hall to Ohio State. According to Inside Lacrosse, that now makes 32 "public" commits. UNC (8), UVA (7) close to being filled up, John Hopkins has 7, Maryland 4. How many more commits to you think are outr there (meaning actual verbals) that have not gone public yet? 10/20/30? This is happening very quickly, admittedly a decent percentage of the 32 have re-classified into the 2017 class (e.g., were 2016s), but that is still a lot. Nothing slowing this early commit thing down apparently.

And yes he is a re-class - DOB 4/8/98 - Another Freshman who will be driving to school in 2 months

Would you like some cheese with that whine? Good Lord. What will you do when your son plays against HS teams with kids who are 2-3 years older?

There is a big difference of playing HS lacrosse with kids 2-3 years older when ALL the kids on the field have reached puberty, and a kid's parents reclassing him to play with kids barely hitting puberty to have him (appear) better. Remember when these holdbacks are showcased it's not against varstiy, it's against kids only in the recruiting year. My kid is a true 2017 and plays with varsity aged kids all the time and does well, he will end up where he ends up. If I used the system to our advantage and had him play with the 2018 young boys he would without question dominate. I couldn't do it, and embarrassed by the thought. I would have a very hard time feeling proud of anything he accomplished out of it regardless of the advantages and outcomes. If it is OK for others so be it.

I applaud you, sir. Bravo! :-) could not have said it better. Integrity is not dead.

Apparently the Breakers goalie from Baltimore that committed
to UVA last week already has his license and drives! That is a joke, no
wonder he looks bigger.

So what. His breakers got lit up against top express teams. Turtles destroyed them every time and Orange did as well. Last time was this fall with a backup orange goalie...