I come at this with a different perspective. My son is 2017 who really should be a 2018. He was born late November 1999 and he made the cutoff by a few days. I chose to send him and up to this point it has never been an issue. He is a good player and has competed very well at the "A" Long Island level for a long time and he plays for one of the strongest school programs in the country. However, when it comes to the recruiting game the way it is presently being played, he is at a HUGE disadvantage. Considering hold backs and grade repeaters, he is up against kids 2 years older than him, which as we all know at this age is a huge difference. So for me, I have no illusions of him going to a top D1 school. I am hoping he has a successful high school career and goes on to play college lacrosse at a school that fits his academic as well as athletic goals, whether that's lower D1, D3, whatever. I am enjoying the ride, I am spending invaluable time with my son, going to prospect days, tourneys, camps, etc. He will end up where hes supposed to, and when he does I will be ecstatic for him because hes worked his butt off to get where he is. My only advice to all of you is to help your kid however you can and enjoy the ride.