Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

The value is not the $$, it's the golden ticket to one of the top tier institutions.

And there is the final word on this topic. Nothing more need be said. [/quote]

Final Word?? You are so wrong!!! Every kid has a different story. Not everyone will excel given the "golden ticket" that so called ticket is different for each individual. Many of you are setting your kids up for misery at one of these elite schools, happened to the director of LIE actually. His son went on to flourish at a "right fit " school. I went to Hoftsra, my brother went to Cornell. I make 2x the salary. It is about the right fit
Not every family is able to pay the big bill at the Ivies, so taking a bigger scholarship another top tier school might make more sense. Lots of parts to the equation. We are lucky to have a choice. Hope you get the same and consider what is truly best for your child.
[/quote]

I stand corrected. My nebulous statement was short and irresponsible. I should have coveyed that the overall goal is to get a ticket...the best ticket; for the best fit regarding academics, ability,financial considerations, etc.

Hopefully, all of our guidance and choices will be accurate and geared to the child's best interests and aabilties and not just satisfying our personal egos.