Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Translation: your kid is not on the radar of early recruiting. Therefor; something must be done about the trend so that your "anonymous to D 1 coaches son" can maybe develop more and become a factor later. That can only happen if your reforms are placed and maybe your kid will have a chance; which is not about to happen.

I'm a former D1 assistant coach. Yes, we read these things. A little advice for you: most of my colleagues in college lacrosse don't need two things. Bad kids & bad parents. This post also made its way through the coaching ranks and some of us forwarded it to the NCAA in Indianapolis. Another translation; stay anonymous. If anyone knew your name it would do more damage to your kid than I could say which is unfortunate.

Hey moderators

Can you highlight this former coach's response - there are so many posts just as out of line like this on this board, especially this thread.

Well, anonymous jerks will continue on blogs. Why not just stay on topic. IL reporter flouting that more kids just out of 8th grade are setting up college campus visits?!?!? Ty Xanders is not a detached bystander. IL is stoking parents to go into a panic with 8th graders now, which suits their media reach. And it works because lacrosse parents will panic react into anything now. So basically if you are supposed to be visiting colleges and all in with recruiting when the kid is 13, then lacrosse parents will start to position for that moment when the kid is 11 or 12. Why would anyone want their kid to play lacrosse if that becomes the norm? For a $5,000 a year lax bro scholarship to UNC?