Originally Posted by Anonymous
My observations:

There were simply too many kids to run the tryout effectively. As an example my own kid got only 1 rep during one on one drills. If the drill is important, there need to be sufficient reps.
The size and skill range was very broad. The 8 th graders were bigger stronger better. Tough to see any 6th or 7th graders making it with rare exception.
Too cold to evaluate for a full 3 hours. By the end the kids stopped dodging to the goal.
Evaluators took very few notes when compared to a well run club tryout. I am sure it was tough to take notes in the cold.

Perhaps the real evaluations will take place in the spring.

Should be done with smaller numbers in my opinion, perhaps grade based with return invites for 6th and 7th graders after preliminary assessment.

JF doesn't want smaller numbers. It's not about conducting a productive and fair tryout. It's about signing up as many kids to tryout as possible to maximixe his profit. It's no secret...He sends emails soliciting more kids to tryout and includes the list of kids already registered that goes on forever. He's just lining his pockets with your money.