Lets make a deal. Bring your birth certificates to each and every game and tourney and let's see which teams can't take the field secondary to having to play without their cheaters. Fair enough??. Better yet; demand that your teams do so. Take a stand and do the right thing. Lets see if there is even one virtuous bone amongst the herd of cheaters who say Long Island complains. Play our teams straight up or don't play at all. [/quote]

Actually, what you wrote is what youth soccer mandated. My daughter plays club down here in MD, and if you don't bring your card with your picture ID with birthdate on it, you can't play. So another sport mandated it. Lacrosse should too. Won't aid your complaint on holding back on school years, but maybe a different sanction would be appropriate. Like no kid can play HS lacrosse past his 19th birthday. In MD you have some kids who were 16 before Spring tryouts. Some of them would not be able to play as juniors or as seniors...and maybe that is fair. I agree it is pretty brazen to put a 16 year old out there in March of 9th grade against 14 year old natural freshman soon to turn 15. I rather doubt the sport of lacrosse is so organized and motivated to do anything about it unfortunately.