I am not sure what you were trying to say here but I've been through this with two kids at Ivy League schools both recruited athletes. AIs Definitely differ from player to player. A 3.5 and a 1200 SAT for a high school all american iswell below what the average accepted non athlete student has. I am not implying that these are shabby grades. However they are well below the non-athlete Ivy League norm. That is quite obvious. This is just a plain fact. I have know several kids who are placed an Ivy League rosters without much of a promise of playing because they bring up the team AI. They are usually later recruits after a longer tracl record for GPA, SATs/subject tests and/or ACT results are known. The coach will tell you a ballpark of what you need. You as parents have to decide if you are comfortable with attaining these AIs (GPA and test scores) particularly if you are going to be recruited early. They definitely have "must haves". They can push hard for a few. But they can NEVER guarantee admission. That and scholarship money is why many top recruits opt for state schools or "scholarship schools". Because states schools recruiting strength is money and as near guaranteed admission as there is. No one could blame someone for choosing that route.