Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Says the parent that is fostering the "victim" mentality. There is always an excuse for your lot in life. "Son, you would be great if others did not interpret the rules to their advantage. They must be cheating". Stop with the complaining. I am sure the MD and PA parents complain just as much as anyone else about how the system works.

Sorry. It is called life. Life is not fair. If it were, everyone who just worked hard would succeed. Unfortunately, it is not that way, sad to say. I have taught my son, 14 yo , by the way, to deal with adversity, keep your head up and do things the right way, regardless of other's actions, and be able to look at yourself in the mirror and be proud of what you see.

So now standing up for what's right and having a backbone are akin to "fostering the victim mentality". You must have been raised by wolves. Never said everything will be fair in life. However, I've got the guts to stand up for what's right and have told my children to do the same. Unfortunately, you've told your kid to hide and make believe things are all ok. Don't make waves, be meek. You see, sometimes in life you have to have confrontations. Sometimes it's the only thing that brings about change. What's going on in this sport with the afore mentioned actions by a growing number of parents is just WRONG. No victim here. It's called standing up for what's right. Regardless of how others want to label you. Now go take your 14yo to his 6th grade practice...

Complaining about the situation and claiming others are cheating is having a backbone????? Your parents were victims too, I guess. On my way to take my 14 yo to his HS varsity practice. No excuses here. No complaining. Just made the best of every situation. Kid worked hard at what he could change. Did not complain about others or what they were doing. Just WORKED through it. [/quote]

Your accusing someone of complaining, because he's willing to stand up for the right thing!!! What's so hard for you to understand? YES a 16 year old in a freshman showcase IS CHEATING. Plain and simple. YES that kid is gaming the system and soiling the game. How is that being a victim? What ever happened to honor, fair play, and love of the game? Why would you be arguing in favor of those your son supposedly was able to rise above? Do you think he deserves some additional accolades? Be a little humble and grateful. Perhaps your son could use his position to bring attention to the issue and possibly help make a positive change... With a parent like you that doesn't seem likely, mostly because he'll be the VICTIM of the example you've set for him. Best to your son. You're a fool. [/quote]

Good luck to your son, sir. Hopefully, he will be able to overcome all of the challenges he may face in a gentlemanly manner.