Outstanding rhetoric. Wait....here it comes......there!! "...."; the exact moment I stopped giving a c$@p about anything you went through the trouble to explain.

It's not Penn, btw; and please excuse the typo. Clearly none of us are as anal as you to research all of the possible needs to get into an IVY....then again...perhaps your child is not as special as you represent him to be, or you'd have been told how the AI can be and has been, let's say, modified for academically and athletically gifted players.

You, my self delusional and uptight friend, were let down easy so as to not hurt your feelings. You see; it's not easy for them to tell you any other way. Thus, the exquisitly long and painful diatribe on your part to inform us all of how hard it will be for YOUR kid to get in somewhere.

Fortunately, that's not always the case. For the right players, that is.

Now go take a Prozac and relax.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
two kids left both csh kids. one to virginia and one to ivy. done. both good kids. was there a third?

No 2017 is committed to an Ivy. Try again.

You just aren't in the "know"....if only you were.

Well, wait until Feb 1st...then you can eat your unkowkedgable words.

Ignorance. It's a crime.

Get over yourself a little and read on please. Our son was given the nod he has a bespoke spot on two Ivy rosters if he meets certain AI criteria to be eligible for a "commit to the admissions process" spot. It is one year of grades. We were told that the athletic directors in the league insist on the calculus being the same, and being shared by the ADs in the league. A checks and balances.

Ivy league ADs have colluded to say if a kid does not meet an AI range, you can't recruit him at all. Then their are tiers to the AI ranges and coaches in each sport are only given per diem for kids at the bottom of the ranges. Some programs won't even bother with your kid if he is less than a 200 or a 190...there are enough good lacrosse or other sport players out there with AI scores in the higher ranges so that the coaches don't need to go to the 180s or lower ranges if allowed to bring in a lacrosse or ice hockey ringer.

So here is the punchline: your very special 2017 player and my very special 2017 player will not be committing to an Ivy on Feb 1st unless you go wildcatting and announcing something stupid and misleading on your own. Because 9th graders don't have an AI score. The earliest point you can get one is after you kid gets a PSAT or equivalent standardized test score from the Fall of 2014 when he is a sophomore.

So, LI Dad, hurry up and get your son seated for the September 13, 2014 testing date which is the first one in the next academic year. I looked that up for you. You will get the scores back in 7-10 business days. I looked that up for you too, and you're welcome. And if all goes along perfect you can run to your mailbox each day this coming September and somewhere in late September you can really stick it to us and announce to the world that your son is committed to UPenn. We know that from the lunacy of your prior posts. From there, I wish that program and their coaches the best in dealing with you and your family for four years.

If you have no ideal about what an AI is, what it means, what the timeframes are for the data inputs to have one are, then there is someone very misinformed and it is not me. And learn to spell. It is "fail to acknowledge"....not "unkowkedgable" for your future blogging reference.

Frankly, if your panties are in a bunch over getting your kid committed, dial up SUNIJ, nee Rutgers, my bountifully waisted Philly bro. It does not seem like he has an Ivy league bloodline anyways.