Originally Posted by Anonymous
So just to be clear because I am not sure I understand what I am reading on this site. Parents of athlets that play one sport feel that is the best way to get better but the actual coaches of successful division one programs like duke and notre dame that look for two sport athletes are wrong? This forum continue to prove that lacrosse parents are insane and perhaps the most delusional parents of all the sports in our area.

My final post on this, because if someone has a differing opinion based in evidence and fact they have to be a nut.
We're saying the same thing. We're both saying that an athlete that can be a star in two sports is clear evidence of athletic greatness. Here's the difference. You say one sport makes you better at the other. I say its innate god given athletic ability that makes you the athlete you are. To be able to play D1 lacrosse you have to be a great athlete, hence many of these kids would find it EASY to be a star in two sports, BECAUSE OF ATHLETIC ABILITY. The only lunacy here is the thinking that playing six football games at tight end in the fall is going to somehow give you the ability to do what the Thompsons are able to do in the spring. That's NEVER EVER going to happen. BTW two kids in my town on the very young age of the recruiting spectrum both play lax, both great players, one plays two other sports the other just lax. Guess which one is being recruited by a top 3 ACC school? Not the one your theory would suggest. Sorry.
Also, as stated above, why are these same ACC coaches telling their recruits to stop playing football?
Last question: If playing another sport does make you better at lacrosse? Why then wouldn't every D1 lax coach in the country demand that you continue to play that sport in college. Think of how much better all these players would be if they played football or soccer in the fall instead of fall ball? Oh I know, you stop getting better in college. A magic switch goes off. Your theory just stops working. But in the two years before college that other sport is making you so much better, I got it now.