Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
PRESUMABLY....

winning teams go further in tourneys - leads to
playing against incredible competition - leads to
more exposure to college coaches there watching both teams - leads to
potential top tier colleges

and I forgot to mention that the teams that win a lot, for the most part, have coaches that can pick up a phone and contact most colleges coaches BECAUSE of having teams that win.
Expecting more exposure to college coaches since they are watching both teams demonstrates a misunderstanding of the recruiting process.

College coaches attend games to which they are both invited and where they have particular players that they have been invited to see. College coaches do not randomly show up at a youth game, championship or otherwise, hoping to just pick up a couple of players cold.

Planning your recruiting cycle on the premise that a coach will just notice your son (or daughter) because they have made a tournament finals will lead to failure. Researching your Top Ten Academic and Top Ten Athletic choices, writing to those coaches, and tracking their attendance at your games, championships or otherwise, will yield higher quality results.

Also, your correlation that only winning club coaches can contact college coaches is clearly an error. For every winning team, there is a losing team on the national or regional stage. Certainly, college coaches will recruit from both pools simply because they are recruiting players not teams. Think about it.

Actually, my son was noticed at a few different games by coaches who we did not contact as a Freshman. We didn't even know at the time that he should even be contacting coaches. From there we visited these schools and then accepted a great offer to a top D1 program. I know of other kids who had it happen the same way.