Originally Posted by Anonymous
Long Island had a strong showing. 11 in Fab 40. Overall MVP, Runner up MVP and one of the All-Star game MVP's all from Long Island. 3 of the top 5 players on that day from Long Island. That's pretty good. All 232 kids deserve credit for playing hard in such harsh weather conditions.

Amen to that. The conditions were horrible and the talent was really good, but I still wouldn't say I would be running out and trying to get many if any to commit. I know there were a couple of guys who had committed, and one who had gotten quite a bit of pub from IL, and he has been invisible most of the fall.

There was a lot of skill, but kids are still changing to fast.

Congrats to all of the kids who played in such poor conditions. It would be better if this event were held October to reduce the chance of poor weather.

My son, age 14, said there were kids on his team that were 16 years old. On his 20 person team 6 were from the class of 2016 that had been or were going to be held back. Doesn't seem right, but you've got to work with the hand you're dealt.

This is a disgrace and a joke. Gee.. I wonder if the kids 2 years older looked stronger and faster that the 14 year olds. Let me guess they were from MD and PA prep schools. NXT should be ashamed of themselves. These venues need to step up and start going by age. It's an outrage...

Why should NXT be ashamed. They are serving a market, like it or not. Consumers have the option to attend or not attend the tournaments where MD and PA players attend because everyone knows they hold kids back....
Why do you think it is that these events are so successful and well attended by coaches? Because the college coaches care only about the grad year, not the age.
Why doesn't someone on LI host an age based showcase or tournament? I would be curious to see attendance from both player and coach perspectives.