Originally Posted by Anonymous

Totally ridiculous how in this day of age every action has a loop hole to reprimand and control people , the actions taken by the School will now have to deal with this in court . I am sure if the kids marched around the hallway with a kid strapped to a crucifix representing a religious occurrence with Jesus they would not have a problem with that , but do your history lesson reenactment on confederates in the south that reenactment becomes offensive.

Total non-sense !

What is more ridiculous?? Carrying a flag (not a crime) or Newsday's immediate play to the race card??

How about all that great CHARACTER building going on at our Catholic HS which people pay big $$
4 students expelled for racially inappropriate behavior!!
Should have stayed public! At least the spoiled brats can't graduate now!

Don't agree with what they did, but punishment does not fit the crime. Way over the top reaction. The confederate flag is part of our history, like it or not. Further, those kids who had things on their personal social media sites, that has nothing to do with the school. If it were my kid, I would not be happy or condone the behavior. However, I would fight this tooth and nail. You can't destroy a kid for some silly pranks. The kids made some bad choices and that's wrong, the reaction is equally wrong. The only people who win here are the politically correct police.