Originally Posted by Anonymous
College Lax Coaches have no better change of predicting what a 15 year old boy will become 4-8 years from now than a weather forecast from Al Gore...

Guess how many historic early commits are on the roster as seniors, let alone starting for their original college...

These "early commit" college coaches are either desperate or delusional

Can anyone reasonably disagree?

Yes!!I disagree!, Do you really think you know better than D1 coaches from top programs? The only thing desparate, is their quest to indentify and lock in top talent. By 9th grade, you will not see much vertical movement in talent. The boys will just get bigger and stronger. By summer of rising sophomore, most boys height is leveling off, if the skill level is there, it will most likely still be there in 4 years. I also don't think you can use the term "historic". This is a newer phenomena, we are making history. Real data won't be available for about 6-7 years. I can say for sure that the current HS jrs and seniors who committed in their sophomore year (this was considered ground breaking a couple years ago) are in fact the stars of their HS teams in most cases. These kids didn't just magically get good as sophomores, most of them were great as freshman an middle school players as well. I can agree that it must be very frutrating for the parents of 9-12th graders who are not commited. The more time goes by , the slimmer the chances. This however, does not mean the boys who have committed, are not well deserving.