Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For anyone that thinks age isn't a factor in this sport, go take a look at the Under Armour 2017 Uncommitted teams. A large majority of them are 1998 Birthdays and many of them have 1997 birthdays. So lets hear the Maryland and PA parents come on here and tell us it doesn't make a difference. What an absolute farce

I did take a look at the roster and I wouldn't create hysteria over it. Yes, there are some early '98 birthdays and even a couple of '97's, but 3/4 of the roster are on-age. This might not be enough for the on-age fans, but it's hardly a disadvantage to be a true 2017.

There are 2 2017 uncommitted teams with a total of 48 kids. There are at least 26 kids with 1998 or 1997 birthdays on the rosters. So I don't know where you went to school but how is that any where near 3/4 of the rosters being on age? So your statement of being a true 2017 not being a disadvantage is equally misleading. Only true 2017's should be allowed to tryout for a 2017 team, plain and simple. One of the kids on the roster has a June of 1997 birthday! That's not an advantage? He took the spot of a "true" 2017, end of discussion. Nice try though........