Originally Posted by Anonymous
A few observations to share with the board. The Hill played my son's HS team, and was impressive in a win. I watched Hill play two other games against top Baltimore teams, and today I will go watch them beat up on Landon.

Two takeaways from this...

1. Canadians are really good. Better than the Maryland kids and likely better than your LI kids too.

2. The Hill families are working class Canadians who don't and can't send their kids all over the East coast to showcases, prospect days, etc. They don't have a "strategy" to get their kids recruited and they drive from Ontario to Maryland and sleep in their minivans to make it affordable to watch their kids play.

Oh, and there were colleges at these high school games. They came to see Brodie Merrill's Hill boys.

Maybe LI and MD parents should be a bit more focused on being good and not getting noticed. What I notice is this showcase and other US based garbage is not helping these kids be better. Thr Canadians are better and smarter than us and the smart recruiters will figure that out too.

You do know that the hill is between $30,000-$35,000 a year to attend, right?