Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice tourny down in Phili this weekend--

crabs, express, sweetlax, dukes/big 4, leading edge and one or two more...

Dukes/Crabs in final. Leading Edge lost to Dukes by 1 and beat HeadStrong and Sweetlax to come in 3rd. LI Express lost to Sweetlax I think and played in 3rd place game. Good competition all the way around.

Head LI Express lost 12-1 to Crabs and 5-3 to Sweetlax. Don't know how they did in last game vs. Headstrong,

How many of the Crab players drove themselves home? Or did they just go to the local pub and discuss the game? LOL, I know, they're all 2017. It's just getting so ridiculous now. Ya know, cause LI teams just don't know how to play lacrosse anymore... All of a sudden the crabs are blowing out Express. Gee what happened? Oh wait, this is the year down in MD they all repeat 9th grade in prep school because they were in 9th grade last year in public school, on top of being held back a year in kindergarten. Still 2017, all good. So most of the kids are 16 and 17 years old playing our 14 year olds. No wait I'm sorry, the MD kids just hit the wall more and are better than our kids, and are genetically more gifted with size and speed,that must be it. Why do we continue to support these tournaments??? We really need to start demanding these things go age based. One last thing... Why won't the crabs enter this exact team into the U-15 championship??? Hmmmm, what could the reason be?

My son played in this tournament (still 13 years old) and my opinion is you play against kids in your graduation year, the college coaches don't seem to care what year you were born but they do care what yer you are graduating. Play the hand you were dealt.

I have nothing to do with 2017 but your comment "play the hand you were dealt" is in direct contradiction to the previous poster's comment. The problem is a lot of people arent playing the hand they were dealt, but rather holding there kids back to play against younger competition. that just isnt fair. But, there are not rules against it so why doesnt everyone just hold their kids back a year and then see if anyone uses that logic to hold their kids back two years.

If I could do it all over, both my boys would be held back! I tell all new parents to consider it. Most are shocked at first, but then start thinking.......hmmmm, why should other kids get this advantage, maybe this is in the best interest of my child!