Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure here if the boys carrying the flag had any intent on being racially inflamatory or not. The question if they should have been expelled or suspended may have depended on what they said and did while carrying the flag and their past record. At first glance expulsion seems a little extreme especially since these kids may have not even known the signifigance of the flag etc. You may want to ask these kids if they even know who won the civil war before we start having a conversation on what was the root cause of the war. The girls on the other hand I think their behavior is appalling if true. While the incident took plp;ace off schools grounds I am sure that the schools code of conduct allows a liberal interpration for the adm. to suspend or expell. While we are on the subject I recall in the 80's when my HS had games against Great Neck South (the "rebels") we were often witness to much confedrate flag waving and grey kepi cap wearing. Does any one know if GNS HS still allows this ?

Wait until TMZ finds out who's little brother was one of the boys involved.