Agreed, but I see both sides of the issue.

Goldman may look at GPA for an entry level program, and if that is where you want your kid, god bless you. I have hired many new college grads ( and new law school grads) and I want a worker. My legal career (25 yrs) tells me clearly I want someone who hustles and is willing to do what it takes. Whether or not you got an A in history matters little, a B in torts?. If you went to St Johns law as opposed to NYU, should I not hire the person that will get the job done...

If you want google, better be a 4.0. If you are a worker, there is a start up somewhere that wants you...

Only one Goldman and only one google, but plenty of other companies out there that will understand and respect the commitment a d-1 athlete endures. surely such dedication at that level portends a passionate being.

Show me a 16 year old cashier at 7/11 and I can tell you if that kid will hustle.

show me a d-pole that slides to protect his goalie or a fogo that fights for possession and I, for one, will hire even if undergrad had a 2.5 but hustled enough to kill the lsat and find st johns or brooklyn law