Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Do most of you actually realize these commitments mean very little. Yes these 9th grade students most who are 15 and younger have three more years left to play lacrosse or decide that today's dream college is tomorrow's after thought. These children really have limited ability to realize what this decision means for their future. Until the financial paperwork is submitted and accepted be the university both sides could opt out. There is way too much time for these children to mature , decide perhaps they don't want to play, god forbid get hurt, fail classes the variables are many. If any of you think that any commitment you get now is concrete you are naive. When the perceived better player gets an offer your child can be bumped. This is not speculation but reality. With that said I hope everyone gets the opportunity their offered but until that child is enrolled anything can happen. [/qu

You do realize you are absolutely wrong! No University would rescind on a verbal (without proper justification) Their reputation wouldn't allow it. That is not my opinion, it is a fact. Nothing naïve about that. Can a child (& I believe at 15 they are children also) get hurt, decide not to play, absolutely but a coach would not destroy his reputation over a partial scholarship. However, we have heard of students opting out of their end of a verbal agreement, in favor of a better school. Sorry to burst you "Debbie Downer" bubble but, that's the reality.

what world are you living in... they do have the right to rescind the offer. you say they wont, okay believe what you want. with this push for early commits lets see how many get rescinded in the next 3/4 years.