Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I do stand corrected on the JR appointments. Apparently JR direct appointments have been allocated to a number of clubs, as others wrote. But not yet to ours.

I stand by what I wrote insofar as the Ivies, Duke and ND. If your club coach has made queries with the coaches at those schools or vice versa, then all power to them. And yes, we all saw some Ivies at the November tournaments and UPenn had a prospect day. But they are plainly not moving the recruiting process ahead with unofficial visits. The Ivies, Duke and ND are collecting data. I would find it credible that they are building or refining some targeted list of kids they are particularly eager on, but frankly the data they need...grades...are not available yet.

I am just about certain that all of the JR direct spots have gone out. I guess if someone turned it down there could be a few floating around, but doubt it. Also, I am pretty sure that there are not specific club allocations. JR obviously has trusted sources which I guess you could then infer are club allocations, but I am just about certain that is the case.

If there were club allocations I would think our club would be at the top of the heap since we are part of 3d and one of the guys who picks who gets in from the 3d Blue Chip spent a lot of time coaching our team, and at least half of our team is JR or Maverik worthy. All of our parents are pretty open in a non-ego sort of way about discussing who is doing what, and I think maybe two or three at the most got direct invites.

It would be interesting to know how many of the 2017 directs were not at the rising freshmen last summer.

The sad fact is that just about everyone is already recruiting 2017's. As Cage said at least 5 that he knows of. It is now an arms race and each family has to figure out how best to navigate the system.

What all you people don't get, is that YOU really don't have much to do with it. Just going to JR or Showtime WILL NOT get your kid recruited. There are plenty of committed kids in the 2016 year that neither attended JR or Showtime. Or even played on an elite travel team. If your son is good, the coaches WILL find him. The problem as I see it, is most of the boys are ok players, but not good enough to get recruited. Unfortunately, that will not change for most of them, and will just lead to more anxiety and frustration from overzealous parents. This will stress out both yourself, as well as your son. STOP IT! Let the process unfold and back off!