Originally Posted by Anonymous
you anonymous are the moron...keep paying those travel coaches all your hard earned $..the college coaches still call your kids HS coach to see what the real story is about your son...and those HS coaches will tell the college coaches about you and how crazy you really are...they may want your kid but they dont want to deal with you and they will pass on little Johnny because of you...get your kid a tutor and have him play 3 sports in HS...you my friend are by far the biggest moron on this board

Help a not very in the loop parent...is that just bantor or do coaches really dig in on whether the parents are lunatics? I keep hearing it matters, and we have plenty of crazy parents. In a couple instances kids committed and did well, ACC school and another, and I could not help but think wow, that coach really got himself into a bad spot with these parents. I suppose it is easy at NCAA level to just ignore parents or get rid of pain in neck kids/families once they are in the program. The question is, are there examples of a kid not getting recruited because his parents are nuts?