Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

You people up in Long Island are obsessed with age. We have played against this kid many times down here in Maryland. What makes him an excellent player is not his age , it is that he has an MIAA style game with an incredible stick. It took that kid years of hard work to get that. It is not something that magically happens when you turn 15.

What magically happens when you turn 15 is youre bigger, stronger and faster than the 13 and 14 year olds your playing against so you look like a much better player than you really are. Get it?

You people down in MD are obsessed with manipulating the system to your advantage. I have to agree with the previous poster that a year makes a huge difference at 15, boys change dramatically from year to year at that age. An extra year of growth is huge, esspecially if you have the skill set to back it up! The % of kids older than the average for their school year being recruited early is proof, statistically significant. Lets call it what it is.....UNFAIR advantage!!

Just to put a fine point on it - Jake Reed said 82 out of the 120 kids at this summer's Jake Reed Rising Freshman Camp (2017s) were a year older than what a typical 2017s age would imply. My son was there and is normal age, but I must be the idiot as so many kids are being held back.