Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am sorry but - teams play up to get better - will they win every game...no, will they get better and get more experience, certainly. I do not have a 2017 child, but we stopped after our game to watch about 10 minutes of this game (Turtles/Whitman). What I saw were two teams go at each other, Whitman was by far more physical, but they also were able to move the ball and play skillful lacrosse. Turtles had excellent ball movement on offense, I think they lacked a little size to better penetrate and draw slides from Whitman, but in all it was very good lacrosse. I think it is a shame to make comments like, "empire crumbling", and the other nonsense. These are young men remember, they are absolutely trying their best - in the short time I watched, not one kid quit on a play, or stopped trying...don't diminish their effort or character by making such rude comments on an online forum - in doing so, you only diminish your arguments and character, clean it up and act like adults....

The Turtles brought those comments on mainly because of the way they have carried on the past several years bragging about how great they are and how they are the best, hand picked elite atheletes. privilaged with the best training and coaches, etc. I think people are making these comments because we are seeing that all this pampering is not making as big a difference as some may have anticipated. A dose of humility will serve them well. There are many great teams and players on LI. Not just the Turtles.

Exactly. You are spot on. And btw isn't it weird how a few people on this 2017 thread just happened to be "walking by the field and stop to watch" and they don't have a 2017 kid, wow what a bunch of BS. Please stop with the "they are only kids" stuff, these are now HS players who are young MEN.

Lets see my son played on same field right before this game. I stayed and watched the fisrt half and saw somne good LAX. Am I a BS artist? Plenty of people down at Farmingdale fields Sunday morning for the early games who stayed and watched this game. People on this board need to stop the negativity. These are just kids playing a game. BTW I know two kids on Turtles as well, nice kids as are their parents, no bragging from them ever.

e