Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree with that, but aren't there scholarships to the PG schools. I have heard of kids getting a "full ride" to schools like the Deerfield Academy.
Who do you think is paying for all of these free rides? How many parents do you think are sending their children to Deerfield (or similar) to pick up the tabs of another? These institutions are not sitting on endowments that underpin many colleges. Do not assume that you will have a free year of 13th grade.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I also have a question about redshirting. Does the athelete still receive their scholarship money for a redshirt year? Seems great if true. An extra year paid for to get course work done.
Since we are talking about redshirting, we will assume that your student-athlete has a National Letter of Intent and associated contract in hand. Read that material very carefully. While some colleges will honor the athletic scholarship during the redshirted year, others will pull the scholarship if medically unable to perform. You need to be absolutely sure that you know the terms of the agreement you sign.