Originally Posted by Anonymous
There is absolutely no denying that there are 16 year old kids playing on 2017 teams. My son and I were at the Warrior Diamond Showcase and there were kids openly talking about how old they were and how they repeated years and so on. Several of them were from a certain Baltimore area travel organization that just so happened to be hosting the event. I really don't care one way or another, my son will compete and be fine, but the physical difference between a 16 year old and a 14 year old is undeniable. The older kids at the Warrior definitely stood out and were definitely noticed by the few college coaches that were there. I think its definitely an unfair advantage but I also think thats the way it is and not worth complaining about. However, the denials that this is going on is just plain laughable. At the fl$ in 3D shootout a few weeks ago, the 3D Canada team was filled with 17 year old "reclassified" kids who were playing in a 2016 bracket. One mother told a few of us her son started school late, and shes already held him back a year, and shes considering having him do a PG year if hes drawing interest from a big time school. Make no mistake, this is something the Director of 3D lacrosse openly advocates. He did it with his own son, who is 16 years old and a 2017 and just committed to North Carolina. This is not some delusional, made up conspiracy by Long Island parents, this is an actual strategy by many coaches and parents alike to give their sons an edge in college recruitment. Like someone stated earlier, "college coaches only care about grade, not age". Given the fact that the college recruitment schedule seems like it has accelerated, there is no denying that this is giving these older kids an advantage. Just take a look at the 2017 kids that have committed so far, not one of them is a true 2017, all of them are hold backs and "reclassified". So in closing I would say to the Long Island parents to stop whining because theres nothing we can do about it, and I would say to the parents of the hold backs and grade repeaters, stop denying it and be truthful about it already.

While you're on this paranoia kick, the Warrior Diamond Showcase is sponsored by Aloha Tournaments, not the club you are alluding to.

LOL. Keep crying. I am from neither MD or PA, but enjoy seeing you guys whine incesssantly.