Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would imagine most of the best players were not there! If already a top player then you are already committed or already fielding offers so why would you go? What you saw was more than likely the 2nd tier of 2017 talent! That was not a very well throughout post! If your in the top tier of your class, sorry but there is no need to go to these camps with everyone else. Your already committed, offered or on their radar. Duh!
And dad, if your 2016 is there... Well then their you go because most of the top teams have already filled up their spots for 2016 class so your probably at the wrong schools. The TOP players do not need to go to these "prospect" camps. They are for everyone else. Sorry!

There is nothing wrong with going to prospect days. They are open to anyone who signs up and pays. Some top players go to them, and some go to showcases. I'd rather spend the time and money going to these over a showcase (Showtime excepted) to see the schools and God forbid see the campus, do an admissions tour, etc.

Get over another point you can't agree with. There is nothing to point to showing "the best players" are the early commits. The early commits in our area are the hardest charging parental units who would have a blown up ego if their son didn't win some early commit race. By my estimation the best team is Turtles and those kids are not plunging. No Breakers kids. None of the top 5-6 VLC kids. None of the top 5-6 FCA Balt kids. Think maybe some of these kids aspire to Ivy or Patriot league teams or Duke or ND...none of which seem to be in any hurry or just don't go for 9th grade commits?

Early commit list has good players, yes. Mostly the best players? Can't say that.

Oh yes you're right. Everyone knows all the best players on their teams aren't selected, recruited or drafted until the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds. It's important to keep in Mind this arms race these coaches are involved in is for the best talent and is for their livelihoods.