Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by VaLaxDad
This is not accurate. Rock and Ryan Pride to UVA, Alex Trippi to UNC. All publicized, all reclassed.
Congrats to the boys!

I guess I have a hard to time saying congrats - I don't know the facts, but there is a growing, disturbing trend which is the reclassifying game. It sure seems like a twisted arms race of sorts where if you don't chose to play the cards are stacked heavily against you.

Trust me.... We are all very tired of the "reclassified" situation. But let's not judge those who do so in order to help their kids. If i had a child whose only chance to compete against the best of Long island was to "reclassify; then maybe i would see things through their eyes. Cheaters will always be cheaters.

They will do as they must to remain competitive with the true LAX hot bed: Long Island

I personally know there are several (at least 7) LI true 14 yo 2017's who are in the process of choosing just who to commit to and they all understand that there is no race here. Their families understand that the real importance here is helping the players pick the school which will best serve their educational options. Young as they may be; these kids are advanced enough to understand that their budding abilities are going to afford them great opportunities. With their parent's guidance; they will have the schools of choice amongst them which include all of the afore mentioned LAX powerhouse schools as well as IVY academic powerhouses.

Patience is truly a virtue. Long Island will as usual be very well represented across the board amongst all of these fine schools.

And they won't need "reclassification" to do so...

Long Island LAX: No reclassification needed.

Get a life. If a family decides to reclassify their child, it is pathetic to call that cheating.

God, you guys are total whiners.

Touched a nerve there, huh? :-)

Tell us the definition of pathetic, pray tell!!

As they used to say: if the shoe fits; wear it.

Ringers, cheaters, left back, held back, "re-classified " (luv that one)

Call it what ever you want....a cheater is a cheater.

Like father....like son,...way to go cheater dads...show us all how to get ahead with your lesser lax skilled kid using brute size and speed and being older and stronger.

Joe D had it right up here on LI: take the best age appropriate kids and bring them up and down the country and play up and beat everyone to condition the boys for the event of finally facing the CHEATERS; to which the skills of our true 2017's far outshine those of any reclassified CHEATERS...this goes for all Long Island A level teams across the board.

Head to head, one on one, we repeatedly suppress a little smile when we watch our true 2017's whoop up on the RECLASSIFIED CHEATERS.

Them's the facts.......DEAL WITH IT CHEATERS.

Our 2017's will get all and any spots they desire without CHEATING.

Now I have to go help my true 2017 narrow down his commitment choices. (Oops, is he taking away a 2017 spot from a 2016 CHEATER?)....answer: absolutely.

No cheating needed. And no whining here. Just chuckling at the collective blush I can feel from so many insecure dads in Va and Md that held their cheater kids back.

Have a lovely day.

As the parent of a true LI 2018 (born summer 2000, so he's even young for 2018), I can tell you every major LI club whether it is private or town based has their share of hold-backs, at every grade level. Many 2017s running about on this strange island sporting very early 1998 b-days. Joe D's amphibians might be an exception, but the emphasis there is on "might be".

13 years ago I would Never have thought a child born in the summer would be considered young for their grade. This is crazy talk