Originally Posted by Anonymous
My understanding is that of the 4 or now 5 2017 D1 committs from MD, only the kid going to OSU is not a holdback. He is 14 and a true freshman by age. Obviously a rare thing there in Maryland. All the others are holdbacks.

Yes, 5 of the 6 MD and VA commits are repeat a grade kids. I won't use the term reclassified. That is a term for sissy parents raising sissy kids. The single 14 year old is a very talented FCA / Calvert Hall player. But you are being unfair. Madlax had two recruitable players, both repeats, and they are both committed. Balt Crabs is loaded with recruitable players and a few of them are repeaters, so fair point and criticism. FCA Baltimore, VLC are loaded with top prospects and I do know that VLC has only two repeaters and FCA has only one. Breakers is a very decent team and has a few recruits we know of because our son is friends who are legit 14 year olds in the correct grade.

A lot has been made of the MD/DC area repeaters, but in fairness this seems to be an unfortunate trend in other regions as well and hardly an isolated item in the MD/DC area to make much a point of. And if you are in the know, you could literally fill two starting line-ups with the uncommitted kids from FCA, VLC, Madlax, Balt Crabs, Breakers and Annapolis Hawks/St. Mary's with better recruits before touching a name of a locally committed kid. No joke...the best of the best in MD/DC are not committed and it is wholly unfair to say they are serial repeaters. All of VLC's elite recruits are 14. Hard to believe standing next to them, but they are legit and just big strong kids for their age. Three poles and a goalie all going 6'0 and from 180-200 is no fun for the LI people, but we ain't sellin' it as fun Broseph. If it hurts your self esteem too much to play us, then stay home.